1. Maple leaf was painted a bright color on 17 September in Woodstock, Maine. Farmers and volunteers help the state authorities who are trying to attract tourists by providing a list of the best places where you can admire the bright colors of the leaves. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)
2. The moon rises above the mountains Chugach in the reserve in anchorage, Alaska, September 22. (AP Photo/Anchorage Daily News, Marc Lester)
3. Grapes on the estate of QUINTA DOS Malvedos belonging to the family of Symington, in Vila Reale, near Porto, Portugal, September 21. (Mario Proenca/Bloomberg)
4. The Director of the company ’s agrostroy" Sergei Solovyov inspects wheat in a field 450 km South of Barnaul 22 September. After a severe drought, Russia produced 55 million tons of wheat by 22 September, which is 32% lower than last year. (REUTERS/Andrei Kasprishin)
5. Branches of trees with bright changing the color of the leaves on the background of cloudy sky in Portland, Oregon, September 22. (AP Photo/Don Ryan)
6. The space needle, passing the ferry boat and the U.S. coast guard in the fog in Elliott Bay in Seattle, Washington, September 15. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
7. Huge lanterns during the festival of autumn in the Park of Hong Kong on September 22. The autumn festival is held on the 15th Continue reading
This year for St. Petersburgers and guests of the city has prepared the most interesting holiday program – concerts, festivals, riding a roller coaster and the music festival of light projections.
The main new year celebration will start in the city with the arrival of Santa Claus and snow Maiden. Magical train with the main New year will arrive on Wednesday, December 30, at 11:00 on the Ladoga station .
On a fabulous sleigh Santa Claus together with his entourage will travel to St. Petersburg. Santa Claus will visit the red guard, Nevsky and Frunzensky and the Moscow region St. Petersburg, happy New Year young patients of Children’s hospital No. 1 at Vanguard street, and then travel to the area of the Rebellion. From there at 16:00 will begin the parade through the decorated Nevsky Prospekt to Palace square, where from 17:00 will unfold bright theatrical performance . Festive cavalcade will welcome officials of St. Petersburg and the Vologda region, which together with Santa Claus will light the Main Christmas Tree of the city.
On the same day, December 30 . on Palace square will open the music festival of light projections . The first view Petersburgers and city visitors will see at 17:00 . And further, to 7 January videopicture can be viewed daily in 18:00, Continue reading
Fiery performances and orange battle, impressive festive costumes and mesmerizing events. February in southern Europe – month colorful carnivals, extending from Italy to the Canary Islands.
Italy. Orange battle“
Every year in February in the Italian city of Ivrea, located in the Piedmont region, is the traditional carnival. The main highlight of the carnival is held not far from Turin, is the orange battle. During the festival, local youth, dressed in knight costumes, oncidiums hundreds of tons of oranges. This tradition appeared in the XIX century. Fruit battle symbolizes the rebellion against the lords of the tyrants who ruled the Italian cities in the middle ages. Orange battle this year will be the opportunity to observe 14-16 February. Every year grows the number of those who wish to participate.
France: the carnival of flowers and music
French festival of colors is celebrated even 14 days (February 12-28 ). This year’s theme, King of the Blue Planet, dedicated to the protection of the environment. At the festival you can see hundreds of thousands of gladioli, carnations and Mimosa. This French carnival is very modern, not devoid of humor, funny masks, performances of various artists and clowns, concerts. The main entertainment is to buy colored Continue reading