1. Maple leaf was painted a bright color on 17 September in Woodstock, Maine. Farmers and volunteers help the state authorities who are trying to attract tourists by providing a list of the best places where you can admire the bright colors of the leaves. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)
2. The moon rises above the mountains Chugach in the reserve in anchorage, Alaska, September 22. (AP Photo/Anchorage Daily News, Marc Lester)
3. Grapes on the estate of QUINTA DOS Malvedos belonging to the family of Symington, in Vila Reale, near Porto, Portugal, September 21. (Mario Proenca/Bloomberg)
4. The Director of the company ’s agrostroy" Sergei Solovyov inspects wheat in a field 450 km South of Barnaul 22 September. After a severe drought, Russia produced 55 million tons of wheat by 22 September, which is 32% lower than last year. (REUTERS/Andrei Kasprishin)
5. Branches of trees with bright changing the color of the leaves on the background of cloudy sky in Portland, Oregon, September 22. (AP Photo/Don Ryan)
6. The space needle, passing the ferry boat and the U.S. coast guard in the fog in Elliott Bay in Seattle, Washington, September 15. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
7. Huge lanterns during the festival of autumn in the Park of Hong Kong on September 22. The autumn festival is held on the 15th Continue reading
Kingdom Denmark – it is a small country that is located on the shores of the North sea and the Baltic sea in Northern Europe. Denmark called “the pearl” of the Scandinavian Peninsula. It is known for its Royal castles, colorful cozy houses, narrow medieval streets, canals and bridges, and monuments of fairy tales. Denmark – the birthplace of the famous Danish writer Hans Christian Andersen . a heroine of one of his tales the little Mermaid is the symbol of Copenhagen. In addition, it is a country of fearless Viking . once lived on its territory.
Many centuries ago, Denmark was one of the most powerful States in Northern Europe. The Danes were members of the Vikings from the late 8th to 11th century. On their account – many victories and conquests. Today anyone has a unique opportunity to attend the annual Viking festival in Aarhus. and also to see a 1000 year old Viking longships in Roskilde. Restored settlement of these ancient Scandinavian people you will find in the city of Ribe in Ribe Viking Centre. About mighty history of Denmark is reflected in the monuments in the town of Jelling and the ancient Viking fortress – Trelleborg. Aggersborg. Furkat.
To date, Denmark – a modern developed country. It includes Faroe Islands . as well as the island of Greenland Continue reading
As it is strange, but February is the most festive month of the year . The thing is that this month, around the world are the most memorable carnivals, during which you can see colorful parades, plenty of food and all kinds of fun.
There are many theories concerning the origin of the carnival. Some believe that the word “carnival” comes from the Latin expression “carne vale” meaning “farewell to meat”, signifying the last days when one could eat meat before Lent. Others believe that celebrating ward off evil spirits and are a way to say goodbye to winter and welcome spring.
The Rio carnival is a kind of yardstick with which to measure all other carnivals. It is also one of the most celebrated artistic events in the world. Slightly more than half a million tourists come every year to the “capital of all carnivals in the world”, to watch the greatest Orgy of all times and peoples. The carnival begins with the crowning of king Momo, who passed a huge silver and gold keys to the city. Then begin the celebration across the country on all the streets, squares, bars and clubs, culminating in a Parade of Samba, when the best are on a Samba school in Rio de Janeiro to win the title Continue reading