Life is interesting in itself, and the presence in it of various holidays and traditions make it even brighter. In each country, and sometimes in each city, there are a number of habits and rituals prevalent among the population. Their diversity is a genuine interest, because many of the existing traditions have ancient roots, and compliance with them is sometimes like a theatrical performance. Of course, many traditions of the peoples of the world formed on the basis of ancient and modern beliefs of a country.
The traditions of the peoples of the world
1. India is one of the most religious countries in the world. Almost every day there are the ceremonies for the deities, recall their exploits, they are offerings. This great living tradition, which is accompanied by a daily mini-rituals. Major holidays are distinguished by their brightness and spontaneity. One of the most cheerful and interesting can be called the birthday of Lord Ganesha – son of Shiva’s elephant-headed. The main tradition of this event, which takes place in August-September, is the preparation of various sweets, which are presented to the deity and then eaten in the whole family.
2. Colorful and can be called the traditions associated with the celebration of the Birthday of the Buddha. Continue reading
1. Maple leaf was painted a bright color on 17 September in Woodstock, Maine. Farmers and volunteers help the state authorities who are trying to attract tourists by providing a list of the best places where you can admire the bright colors of the leaves. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)
2. The moon rises above the mountains Chugach in the reserve in anchorage, Alaska, September 22. (AP Photo/Anchorage Daily News, Marc Lester)
3. Grapes on the estate of QUINTA DOS Malvedos belonging to the family of Symington, in Vila Reale, near Porto, Portugal, September 21. (Mario Proenca/Bloomberg)
4. The Director of the company ’s agrostroy" Sergei Solovyov inspects wheat in a field 450 km South of Barnaul 22 September. After a severe drought, Russia produced 55 million tons of wheat by 22 September, which is 32% lower than last year. (REUTERS/Andrei Kasprishin)
5. Branches of trees with bright changing the color of the leaves on the background of cloudy sky in Portland, Oregon, September 22. (AP Photo/Don Ryan)
6. The space needle, passing the ferry boat and the U.S. coast guard in the fog in Elliott Bay in Seattle, Washington, September 15. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
7. Huge lanterns during the festival of autumn in the Park of Hong Kong on September 22. The autumn festival is held on the 15th Continue reading
As in mainland China, in Taiwan, there are a huge number of various festive events. Especially popular traditional and public holidays – Chinese New year (first day of the first new moon of the year), lantern Festival (the first in the new year the full moon), when across the country millions of lanterns, which, according to legend, was escorted into another world souls of ancestors, descended on the earth to their loved ones to celebrate the New year. The holiday of “Two dozen” (Republic Day) is the anniversary of the Wuchang uprising, and many others. These days almost all buildings, city squares and streets are decorated in traditional style, across the country there are numerous fireworks and parades, music, dance and other lavish ceremony. Almost all traditional festivals are held according to the lunar calendar, so the date varies from year to year.
No less interesting and other events – Festival of the bells wind Kendin (January), Ice World (January-February), the Taiwan lantern Festival in Taichung, Kaohsiung and Taipei (February), the Festival sky lanterns, Pingsi (February), the Festival of the dragon in Miaoli (February), the Festival of the God of wealth (end of February) and the international book fair in Taipei (February). In March held a Festival song-Jing in Kaohsiung, birthday Meaning (the goddess of mercy, Continue reading