1. Maple leaf was painted a bright color on 17 September in Woodstock, Maine. Farmers and volunteers help the state authorities who are trying to attract tourists by providing a list of the best places where you can admire the bright colors of the leaves. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)
2. The moon rises above the mountains Chugach in the reserve in anchorage, Alaska, September 22. (AP Photo/Anchorage Daily News, Marc Lester)
3. Grapes on the estate of QUINTA DOS Malvedos belonging to the family of Symington, in Vila Reale, near Porto, Portugal, September 21. (Mario Proenca/Bloomberg)
4. The Director of the company ’s agrostroy" Sergei Solovyov inspects wheat in a field 450 km South of Barnaul 22 September. After a severe drought, Russia produced 55 million tons of wheat by 22 September, which is 32% lower than last year. (REUTERS/Andrei Kasprishin)
5. Branches of trees with bright changing the color of the leaves on the background of cloudy sky in Portland, Oregon, September 22. (AP Photo/Don Ryan)
6. The space needle, passing the ferry boat and the U.S. coast guard in the fog in Elliott Bay in Seattle, Washington, September 15. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
7. Huge lanterns during the festival of autumn in the Park of Hong Kong on September 22. The autumn festival is held on the 15th Continue reading
What holidays do not invented by mankind during the period of its existence. There are professional, religious, national, and there is unusual. Here are some of them will be discussed in today’s news.
Thailand. Monkey Banquet
Each year, about 600 monkeys enjoying luxury “Royal” lunch only arranged for the primates. For animals serves a huge buffet with a variety of fruits and vegetables. A feast is held in honor of the God Rama, who according to the legend, along with the monkey army defeated many of his opponents.
Philippines. Festival piglets…
The province is a major supplier of pork in the Philippines and on this occasion there place for the annual carnival costumed pigs. Animals dress up and decorate: “girls” paint sponge, dress Quinceanera dresses and crowned with a crown. “Boys” flaunt in Maritime suits, clown outfits or suits.
Spain. Tomato carnage…
On special trucks to the site of the battle bring a “weapon” – about 100 tons of ripe tomatoes. Rules of battle: you can throw tomatoes at anyone, but it is impossible to tear the opponents clothes and throw something other than tomatoes. By the end of the battle wash area with hoses, participants bathe in specially installed for that bathroom stall or just go to the river.
India. The festival of colors Continue reading
Each country has a rich history, holidays and traditions. If you are planning a trip to another state, want to immerse yourself in a new culture and get a feel of its atmosphere – choose the time for festivals! Visit on the holidays of the peoples of the world, and you will get an unforgettable experience.
In all countries consistently report some important developments ranging from small home gatherings in the family circle, to massive festivals on a national scale. Here is a list of the most exciting holidays of the world.
One of the largest festivals in the world takes place in sultry Argentina in early January and is called “the Carnival of the country”. By the beginning of the holiday you can take your time, because it lasts for two months: from the first Saturday of January to the first Saturday of March. From year to year it is conducted in Gualeguaychú. There are a lot of tourists from all over the world to see the parade of beautiful dancers in bright costumes and become part of this holiday, filled with smiles and fiery South American dances.
If you haven’t been to Japan, time your trip for the spring festival Kanamara, Continue reading