the Ancient Germans believed that in women there is something sacred, and therefore consulted them as oracles. Often the reverence of men came on, and they worshipped women as a real living goddesses. Imagine the ancient Germans, shaggy and fierce, dressed in animal skins, with war paint on his face. Now, this wild subject had not committed himself one day in a year for tenderly-sweet eulogies “weak half of mankind,” but honestly women were worshiped all year round…
We, modern women, it seems that this holiday was always. Does — our great-grandmother were spared from having to blush with pleasure, listening required the compliments and taking the gift of the branches of stunted Mimosas. Thank you Clara Zetkin and Leonid Ilyich! The decision on annual celebration of International women’s day was taken in 1910 at the second International conference of socialists in Copenhagen, on the proposal of Clara Zetkin. The holiday was first held in 1911 in America and in some European countries and in 1913 — in Russia. In 1966, by order of Leonid Brezhnev, on March 8 became a non-working day in the USSR — and to this day remains as such.
Are we right, proudly calling this day “international”? Judge for yourself. This day is declared a national Continue reading
Surely, you have heard that in the land of smiles during the year notes any unusual holidays. This Thai New year – Songkran Day and pineapple, and Makha Bucha, the rocket festival, flower festival and many others, in an unusual celebration. And if you’re going to relax in Thailand from Belgorod in the month of November, you will have the unique opportunity to attend the festival of LOI Krathong.
The LOI Krathong festival/Loi Krathong is celebrated each year across the country and in some regions bordering Burma and Laos. Speaking generally, it is a celebration of the spirits of water and light. He is being held in the dark under a full moon in November. At this time in Thailand across the country celebrated the flood and the rivers reach its maximum strength. And since in the Northern regions of the hot season and the rainy season are most pronounced, it is best to visit during the celebration of the festival in the Northern capital city of Chiang Mai.
In the literal translation from Thai language the word ” loi ” means “float” and “krathong” -“the boat leaves from banana trees”. According to the traditions, boats-krathongs shall be made from the leaves of a banana tree and decorated with flowers. But modern krathongs, often made from Continue reading
1. Maple leaf was painted a bright color on 17 September in Woodstock, Maine. Farmers and volunteers help the state authorities who are trying to attract tourists by providing a list of the best places where you can admire the bright colors of the leaves. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)
2. The moon rises above the mountains Chugach in the reserve in anchorage, Alaska, September 22. (AP Photo/Anchorage Daily News, Marc Lester)
3. Grapes on the estate of QUINTA DOS Malvedos belonging to the family of Symington, in Vila Reale, near Porto, Portugal, September 21. (Mario Proenca/Bloomberg)
4. The Director of the company ’s agrostroy" Sergei Solovyov inspects wheat in a field 450 km South of Barnaul 22 September. After a severe drought, Russia produced 55 million tons of wheat by 22 September, which is 32% lower than last year. (REUTERS/Andrei Kasprishin)
5. Branches of trees with bright changing the color of the leaves on the background of cloudy sky in Portland, Oregon, September 22. (AP Photo/Don Ryan)
6. The space needle, passing the ferry boat and the U.S. coast guard in the fog in Elliott Bay in Seattle, Washington, September 15. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
7. Huge lanterns during the festival of autumn in the Park of Hong Kong on September 22. The autumn festival is held on the 15th Continue reading